Saturday 10 October 2009

Autumn

Autumn has always been my favourite time of year. Even from the days of being in primary school. I have always loved the fresh start of a new term and school year when all my uniform was new, my stationary was fresh and new and everything was at the beginning. I love when the leaves start to change with all the colours and how it becomes cooler but the sun still remains warm. I used to love harvest festival, looking forward to my birthday and how the build up to Christmas was just around the corner.

The other day I was waiting to turn onto the motorway and I started to smile to myself as I realised that time had come. The sun was shining and things felt good as I felt that I was in a place in my life that I really was happy. That happy feeling has stayed with me for the few days following that moment.

On Thursday evening I received a phonecall informing me that my best friend has died.

Autumn has lost that rosey glow, I have lost a real friend, and the world has lost an amazing person.

No comments:

Post a Comment