Sunday 9 January 2011

and so to 2011


And so we enter 2011...


It's sunday evening, the perfect time for tea and relaxation, to contemplate new plans and to reflect on the past...


On reflection December 2010 was "educational" - I learned that one does not rely on the postal service or indeed to Great British weather to organise Father Christmas' deliveries. Currently there is a package sat in the sorting office awaiting collection containing half of my mother's present, half of my father's present as well as the winning "worst possible CD present" for my father. This package (in addition to the other one that arrived last week) were infact guarenteed to arrive on or prior to Dec 24th however due to the recent snow did not.


The snow was fun to say the least! On this plus side this time I did not end up stuck on a car park, wedged onto the garden wall or having an "off road" experience after failing to stop! I did not however find it amusing during the snow to come out of work one evening having completed a 14 hour shift (and they have not been good ones recently) to find that the car park men had taken the time to clear the carpark of snow only to pile a large portion of it up behind my car wheels and therefore whilst everyone else was able to just drive away I still had to dig my car out! Thankfully, for the time being at least, it does seem to have stopped and I have to say I have never been as pleased in my life to come out and find that it is raining (if it rains then I do not have to de-ice).

Another thing that I did learn during December (unfortunatley the hard way) was that one does not drink to excess at the work Christmas party! I do not usually attend work parties, I tend to get myself too worked up about what to wear, how to behave and all that before I actually get there and therefore I tend not to enjoy myself as I am scared of ending up as the embarassing story of the evening. This year however I decided that I would go. It was a good night (from what I can remember) however the fact that it was a free bar was not the best of idea especially since I had been dieting prior to the event and therefore had consumed very minimal calories (about 600/day and no carbs) for about 8 weeks before the night. We started the evening on rose wine (never a good thing with me) at a friend's house before moving onto the venue (and buck's fizz) and to the meal (and red wine). The plus side of the evening was that I did lost 4lbs in weight and I had a lovely evening with my collegues, the bad side was that I vomited on the motorway hard shoulder and did not stop until the following evening!
Christmas and new year were unfortunatley busy episodes being that I was working however I did find time for some enjoyment with my family and I was very very spoiled by both my family and my friends.
With Christmas and New Year now out of the way I plan to start 2011 with new resolutions and goals! My main goal (like most of the population) is that I plan to lose weight. I have added a few more goals however. Some of these goals stem from last year such as my desire to learn to cook (I bought too many Martha Stewart cookbooks last year and so I really need to try and use at least one) and my desire to learn to knit in the round and to knit socks. I have however got some other goals this year which are as a result of Christmas presents that I received - so this year I AM going to learn to sew and learn to crochet!

All that said, it is time to crack on! Got plenty of knitting projects to be getting on with at the minute. There is a new baby set to join the Raddish patch next month and so lots of late winter/springtime clothes to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment